Specialized Legal Nurse Consulting
Legal nurse consultants (LNCs) are specialized nurses who provide medical expertise to people or groups who handle legal issues, like lawyers, court officers, lawmakers, insurance companies, or government agencies.
Lawyers don’t just go to trial with their gut feeling and hoping to win a case. They rely on jury consultants to help attorneys research and select jurors and provide insight into juror behavior.
Legal Nurse Responsibilities
A legal nurse consultant’s responsibilities may include:
- Reading and interpreting medical records/histories
- Working with attorneys to draft legal documents with medically sound information
- Providing background medical research
- Interviewing clients
- Offering advice and medical insight to legal professionals about particular health issues or nursing practices in general
- Consulting on healthcare legislation
- Writing reports
- Testifying in court as a witness